Hazmat employees tasked with shipping, handling, and/or transporting hazardous materials are required to complete training relevant to their job functions and responsibilities. Hazmat employees whose job responsibilities include some or all of these functions such classification, identification, packing, marking, labeling, documentation, loading, placarding and or transportation of hazardous materials using a commercial vehicle require training to prevent penalties and incidents and ensure safe transport.
For example, the hazmat employees responsible for accepting dangerous goods into the supply chain environment, must be in a position to identify potential shipping mistakes that could give rise to legal penalties and may eventually delay the shipment from shipping. Hazmat University offers 49 CFR (DOT) shipping by ground online hazmat training to hazmat employees, freight forwarders, and shippers involved in the ground transportation, shipping, and handling of hazardous materials.
Covering Initial or Recurrent 49 CFR (DOT) Shipping by Ground Online Hazmat Training
Hazmat University’s 49 CFR (DOT) shipping by ground online hazmat training course provides the necessary initial or recurrent training to the participants. Hazmat employees are required to receive recurrent training at least once every three years after their initial training.
Therefore, this online course from Hazmat University is applicable to both types of participants–those who are new to the job of ground transportation of hazardous materials and those who are required to recertify. As long as your professional role involves any activity related to the processing of hazardous materials by ground transportation, it is mandatory for you to undergo the relevant 49 CFR training.
49 CFR (DOT) Shipping by Ground Online Hazmat Training: Course Objectives
Upon completion of this online course, the participants should be in a position to:
- Correctly classify and/or understand the requirements of classification of hazardous materials to their appropriate hazard class
- Allocate (assign) or verify the allocation (assignment) of hazardous materials to their proper identification name and relevant UN number
- Choose or verify the appropriate packaging for the hazardous material(s) that are being transported and understand the packing requirements that would apply
- Select or apply the appropriate labels, marks, and placards for the hazardous material being shipped
- Correctly complete or verify the completion of shipping paper requirements for the ground transportation of hazardous materials
- Comprehend the requirements for the safety, security, and emergency response related to the ground transportation of hazardous materials as well as comprehend the training requirements as mandated by the relevant authorities
- Understand the procedures and rules applicable to the hazardous materials segregation
- Satisfy 49 CFR training requirements as prescribed in Subpart H – Training.
How Do You Receive Your Certificate Upon Completion of Training?
Once the 49 CFR shipping by ground online hazmat training is successfully completed through Hazmat University, the participants can download and print their certificate of training immediately. Candidates who wish to obtain additional information related to the training requirements for hazardous materials can find them at the PHMSA website.
Participants should note that this online DOT (ground) hazmat training course from Hazmat University is based on the latest edition of 49 CFR. It is best for a participant to have access to this regulation when they are ready to take this course. A digital version of 49 CFR can be found at PHMSA’s e-CFR link.
Order Now: 49 CFR (DOT) Shipping by Ground Online Hazmat Training
Online training courses from Hazmat University offer numerous benefits over the traditional forms of classroom training. Self-paced, online training, can be stopped/started any time and you have 1 year from the date of purchase to complete and have access to course material indefinitely. You must have your own copy of the applicable DG regulations while taking the course. Take our DOT training course from Hazmat University today! If you have questions about our training courses or need help choosing an appropriate online hazmat training course, call us at 1-844-864-1762 today.