Hazmat employees engaged in the handling, shipping, and/or transport of dangerous goods by air are required to obtain training in compliance with Federal and or International government training requirements as prescribed by Title 49 CFR and IATA/ICAO respectively. Hazmat University offers a comprehensive IATA shipping by air online hazmat training certification course to assist companies and individuals meet this mandatory requirement.
The IATA Certification (ICAO) hazmat training course from Hazmat University provides the necessary dangerous goods training (initial or recurrent) to hazmat employees, shippers, and freight forwarders involved with the transport, shipping and/or handling of non-radioactive, non-bulk dangerous goods by air.
Up-to-Date IATA Shipping by Air Online Hazmat Training
The IATA shipping by air online training certification course from Hazmat University is based on the most current IATA dangerous goods regulations. These regulations pertain to proper classification, identification, packing, marking, labeling, documenting, segregating, and placarding of dangerous goods to be shipped by air. Also covered in the training the requirements for security, safety, and emergency response as they relate to shipments.
By completing this initial or recurrent online training program, hazmat employers and their employees will successfully satisfy the training requirements. The law requires that employees who have received online or in-person IATA certification training (initial or recurrent) must obtain recurrent training once every two years to meet the prescribed international requirements. According to Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations, this training must be obtained at least once every three years.
What are the Objectives of this Course?
Upon successful completion of the IATA shipping by air online hazmat training certification course, a participant would likely be in a position to:
- Correctly classify or have a proper understanding of the classification requirements of articles and substances in accordance with their appropriate hazard class
- Assign or verify the assigning of articles and substances to a proper shipping name as well as the related UN number
- Select or verify the correct packaging for the dangerous goods being shipped and understand applicable packing requirements
- Choose or apply the appropriate labels and marks for the dangerous goods being shipped by air
- Correctly complete or verify that the shipper’s declaration for dangerous goods for the air transport of dangerous goods and the related airway bill comply with the prescribed requirements
- Comprehend the requirements for safety, security, and emergency response with regard to the transport of dangerous goods by air and acquire an understanding of the training requirements of the relevant national authorities
- Comprehend the regulations and procedures that must be followed for segregating dangerous goods that are incompatible
- Fulfill the certification training requirements of IATA/ICAO
For initial training, there are no prerequisites for the participants. However, for recurrent training, prior IATA DGR training is required. This online course from Hazmat University is completely self-paced and can be completed at the participant’s convenience and must be completed within one year of purchase.
The IATA DGR manual is required while taking the course. Those interested can order their very own copy of the IATA DGR by visiting this link. Upon successful completion of the IATA shipping by air online hazmat training, participants can download and print Hazmat University’s certificate of training.
IATA Shipping by Air Online Hazmat Training: Order Now!
Are you a hazmat employee, freight forwarder, or shipper involved in the shipping process of dangerous goods by air? Our IATA hazmat training certification course is designed just for you. Click here to place your order now. To learn more, call us toll-free at (844) 427-0167.